School Librarian's Association (Könyvtárostanárok Egyesülete = KTE)
The main function of SLA, Hungary is to provide professional support and organize discussion for Hungarian school library professionals working in public and higher education,
The Association was founded in 1986 and since then it has been playing its part in the librarian professional life in Hungary. The Association is an open organization:
every school librarian and teacher can become a member.
What are the advantages of being a member?
- You can become a member of a country-wide professional organization.
- You can enrich your professional knowledge.
- You can attend SLA's programs for free of charge.
- You can voice your opinion through official channels.
- You can get powerful background support in enforcing your interests.
- You regurarly receive the SLA Newsletter with the latest news of the Association.
- You can get SLA's publications for free of charge.
- We help you to become widely acknowledged for your good work done.
- By becoming an SLA member you automatically gain membership of the Association of Hungarian Librarians
- You get your membership card that authorizes you to claim for certain discounts.
What are the top priority functions of the Association?
- To help library professionals enforcing their interest.
- To provide up-to-date information for its members.
- To help its members to enrich their professional knowledge.
- To gain acknowledgement for school librarian profession.
- To encourage discussion and collaboration among professional organizations.
Information about School libraries in Hungary
Please feel free to contact us
Publications in English
KÁMÁN, Veronika: News from the association of teacher librarians in hungary In: IASL Newsletter, 2013. Vol. 42. Issue 2., 22. p., URL: http://iasl-online.mlanet.org/Resources/Documents/newsletter/201306-newsletter.pdf Last received: 2014.07.04.
KÁMÁN, Veronika: International school library month in hungary In: IASL Newsletter, 2014. Vol 43. Issue 1., 4. p., URL: http://iasl-online.mlanet.org/Resources/Documents/newsletter/201401-newsletter.pdf Last received: 2014.07.04.
KÁMÁN Veronika: Hungarian School Librarians’ Association conference In: IFLA School Libraries Blog, IFLA, 2014.04.15. URL: http://blogs.ifla.org/school-libraries/2014/04/15/hungarian-school-librarians-association-conference/ Utolsó letöltés: 2014.05.07.
KÁMÁN, Veronika: School librarians’ “think thank” in Budapest In: IASL Newsletter, 2014. Vol. 43., Issue 3., p. 3., URL: http://iasl-online.mlanet.org/Resources/Documents/newsletter/iasl-newsletter-july-2014.pdf Last received: 2014.07.05.
O’BRIEN, Marie: ISLM 2015 Report In: IASL Newsletter, 2016. 1. sz., 14-15. p., URL: http://www.iasl-online.org/resources/Documents/IASL%20Newsletter%20January%202016.pdf Utolsó letöltés: 2016.02.26.
KÁMÁN Veronika: News from Hungary In: IASL Newsletter, 2016. 1. sz., 16. p., URL: http://www.iasl-online.org/resources/Documents/IASL%20Newsletter%20January%202016.pdf Utolsó letöltés: 2016.02.26.
IASL’s First Ever “Featured Librarian” Winner In: IASL Newsletter, 2016. 1. sz., 19. p., URL: http://www.iasl-online.org/resources/Documents/IASL%20Newsletter%20January%202016.pdf Utolsó letöltés: 2016.02.26.